Rates and Policies
- We offer weekday discounts, discounts for accommodations without breakfast and for multi-day stays.
- The higher rate applies to Peak Season
- 12.75% tax, (Banner Elk Occupancy tax, 6%NC Sales tax, 6.75% for a total of 12.75% tax (lowered!)
- A Full breakfast daily is included
- Longer stays are negotiable depending on the length of stay and services required.
- We have installed an underground cable for Internet Wireless Service connecting (all 3 houses of the Inn) and insuring a reliable strong internet signal. Bring your laptop. Wireless everywhere.
- Gas log fireplaces: we have 4 gas log fireplaces. They are supplemental heat for ambiance only. We keep them well maintained on a continuous basis. They are temperamental and inconsistent. If your gas log fireplace does not work, there will be no refund of your deposit.
Guests Rooms at The Banner Elk Inn Main House
- Price for 2 people = $110-$125 per night (the Peach room, the Light Brown Room, and the loft bedroom)
- Price for the 2 bedroom Suite (sleeps 2-4 people), $140-$180 Price for a single $85 (for an extended stay) Housekeeping Services for your room are given every day, every other day or per guests’ wishes. We ask that you let us know when you need these services.
Luxurious new Cottages for two people:
- Briarwood Cottages Duplex, Price = $150-$185 per night, weekly rate $850-$950
- Cottage "A" The Edwardian (for those who love Purple)
- Cottage "B" The French Country Provincial (for those who love Periwinkle Blue)
- The New Addition Room/cottage, attached to the back of the main house, Price = $150-$185
- The brand new
Bark House Cabin: Price $185-$250 2
to 4 people
- The Lodge Apartment below the Bark House, $150 (breakfast not included)
Avery Realty Rentals
Two Night Minimum most weekends and peak season weekdays. One
night reservations are made 24 hours in advance.
No smoking inside.
Full deposit required, confirmed by e-mail.
Peak season Cancellation
policy: Peak season refers to Federal Holiday weekends, Christmas week, Special
events, October Leaf season, Mid-Summer, Ski weekends and Weddings:
Full deposit required. Half of the amount is usually charged immediately after the reservation is made followed with a confirmation e-mail. The second half is charged on the first day of the reservation. Refunds are not made until the room/cottage/or cabin has been re-rented.
Make-up Credit: Upon the discretion of the Inn a make-up credit may be given for a Sunday through Thursday, but will not be given for a peak season, Federal Holiday, or special events time such as the Scottish Highland Games week.
Talk with the Inn to clarify should there be questions.
Non-peak season and
midweek Cancellation Policy:
4-15 day cancellation policy for rooms in the main house. For a weekly or longer stays, reservations of the cottages or cabin, refunds will not be given until the cottage is re-rented. A make-up credit can be given at the discretion of the Inn for a Sunday through Thursday.
Be sure to clarify before making a reservation.
Banner Elk Occupancy tax, 6%
NC Sales tax, 6.75%
for a total of 12.75% tax (lowered!)
Normally reservations are made in advance with Visa or MasterCard and are confirmed by email.
Advanced reservations for large groups, 50% deposit by check
How breakfast works:
To better serve you, at times (during peak season) breakfasts may be served in two shifts . We also offer take-out for guests to take breakfast back to their cottage or cabin, and in summer, trays for breakfasts outdoors in the gardens by the fountains, the waterfall, or the side porch.
We are a pet friendly Inn please ask for more information.
The Inn has acquired a new kitty, born in September 2010. He stays mostly in the innkeeper's quarters but likes to come out and greet the guests. If you are mildly allergic to cats, please let us know in advance and we will keep him away from the common areas. If you are severely allergic to cats, we suggest that you do not stay in the main house, but rather reserve one of the Briarwood cottages or the Bark House cabin.